I’m 38 years old today and I thought it would be fun to jot down 38 random things that come to mind. I am doing this very quickly with no preparation. Just 38 things that come to mind while I’m typing. Here we go…
1. God is bigger than I think he is.
2. And He never breaks promises.
3. Without the Church, my life would not exist as I know it.
4. Without my family, my life would not exist as I know it.
5. I cling to every word of advice my father ever gave me. I miss him.
6. The prayers of my mom are a big reason I’m still alive.
7. I’m not smart enough.
8. I’m not strong enough.
9. I’m not brave enough.
10. I’m not enough.
11. Christ is enough.
12. My brother and I think a lot alike…to be so incredibly different.
13. Hulkamania will always run wild.
14. 1.21 gigawatts is equivalent to a bolt of lightning.
15. Heavy metal and Bach are different sides of the same coin.
16. God’s protection is sometimes very, very painful.
17. But it’s worth it.
18. I don’t understand marriage if I don’t understand Ephesians 5.
19. The great enemy of marriage is selfishness.
20. The Rev. Bobby Russell, pastor of Temple Baptist Church in Kingsport, TN, was one of the best preachers to ever live.
21. Don’t sing “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” in Sunday morning worship.
22. 11 is “one louder.”
23. We all go a little mad sometimes.
24. You can’t kill the boogeyman.
25. Sarabi is Simba’s mom and has one of the coolest names ever.
26. Rhonda’s Special is special.
27. Kingsport, TN is a good place to live.
28. So is Graefenburg.
29. People assume that people like Andi Meade don’t really exist. But she does.
30. And she’s mine. And I’m hers.
31. Read 16, 17, 29, and 30 in order.
32. My sister believes in me.
33. When you see a laser pointer on the ground in Gatlinburg, you just keep walking.
34. Not everyone is going to like me. I won’t like everyone.
35. The greatest textbook for understanding God’s love is holding your new baby.
36. Callie Grace, Justus, and Eli strengthened my theology.
37. I just can’t get enough of Andi Meade.
38. God is bigger than I think he is.